Sports apps sail racer
Could Someone explain:
1.How I Can after starting apps countdown can’t cancel it and start again during exercise ?
2. Sail racer app 10 min does not work properly - not showing any countdown.
3. What is trim speed and how it’s being measured ?
- I noticed the same yesterday. Found a workaround by disable and enable the app during the activity. (https://forum.suunto.com/topic/8846/suunto-vertical-bug-collection/513)
- Haven’t tried 10min but 5 min seems to work fine. I assume you did press the lower button to start the countdown timer.
- According to the description in the SuuntoPlus store in the app it is “the difference between the average speed during the previous 5 seconds compared to the average speed of the 10 seconds before that”. This can be used to see if your trim affects the speed of your boat (assuming that all the other factors stay the same)
I just found the I.C.E app in the store. This one gives you the option to set some contact and medical information in the app which will be used in the watch. Very nice!
Can this also be implemented for the sail racer app and other apps witch static values? So people have the option to set the amount of minutes upfront.
@surfboomerang yes, in theory this will be possible for all apps, if the developer makes the app configurable
@isazi This would also make the store a lot cleaner by not showing multiple apps for the same purpose. Like sail racer, drink alerts and (half) marathon estimator.
@surfboomerang clearly, but this is not an automatic process, apps need to be written or modified to support this.
@surfboomerang Hi! S+ dev here, we are planning on using the new settings capability where useful, but we can’t forget the older watches which do not support settings unfortunately… Additionally, more possibilities to improve the apps have just opened and I am excited to make the existing apps more flexible, so, yes, working on giving these apps some attention
@NeaLuu Great news!