S9 GEN1 Baro update 2.23.20 failed / defective state
any ideas how I could help myself other than repair service?
- Watch is not operational. Shows Firmware Download Screen flashing dot 2 of 4.
- SuuntoLink: “Firmware update error: Peripheral update failed”
Trying to update to firmware 2.23.20 with SuuntoLink on Windows 10. SuuntoLink keeps telling update failed.
- Though the watch reacts to the reset of SuuntoLink with a progress bar, the reset is not successful
- The error happens after SuuntoLink shows something like 75+% of progress; the watch then flashes dot two of four instead of three of four like before
What have I tried?
- Waited for battery to be empty / watch shows no screen
- Different Cable
- Different Computer (also Win10)
- Followed https://www.suunto.com/en-us/Support/faq-articles/suuntolink/how-do-i-recover-my-watch-if-the-firmware-update-fails/
- Tried to revert to Ibiza-fw_18.104.22.1682-F and Ibiza-fw_22.214.171.1243-F
@MarkusHH Sounds as if you have tried everything. Sorry, I think the only thing to do is contact support and likely a repair.
I sent the watch out-of-warranty to Suunto repair center. They said repair wasn’t economic and offered me a new replacement for 340 Euro including 2 years warranty.
I’m not sure if I consider that offer better or worse than nothing. I can buy that same watch for 40 Euros less from a trusted online shop.
I wished Suunto was making it’s system more resilient - no matter if that error was caused by my PC or my cable or the system (app and watch) destroyed itself.
@MarkusHH I would check to see it they can offer a discount on a current model, not the 9 Baro. Is that what was offered? I am a bit surprised.
@MarkusHH It was most likely caused by neither. The updates “reveal” underline hardware problems. This of course calls into question why there was a hardware problem in the first place, but it’s just to clarify.
But do get in touch with support via chat. They should be able to offer a decent enough discount on a newer product/model from the suunto.com webshop.