d day activity contains also d-1 session data 🤔
not sure how to explain the following “simply”, as it took me some time to discover the “logic” (not the root cause though).
Except if some Suunto backend specialist finds it interesting, i don’t need any fix for this, but just to expose it
I recorded an open water activity few days ago (the 21st around noon) and, after exporting the fit file for offline import, i discovered that this activity seems to be saved in my watch as a “multiactivity” one but displayed as a single one. And the issue might come from the watch, and transfered to SA.
Here are my findings :
- this activity doesn’t contain any distance informations in the watch logbook
- Despite this, the upload to SA looked fine : i have this OW activity in SA with data that i think are correct. Start at 12:58 on 21th
- But, the fit file for this 21st activity contains 2 sessions :
* one session for this 21st, with GPS data and all summary : starting at the proper date/time on 21st
* but also one session message for 20 seconds, starting the day before : 20th
So I edited the activity in SA to multisport one, to reveal the following : an additionnal OW in the same, started the day before, with a transition time of more than 16hours
I think it is linked to my watch, because when looking at the raw files exported from watch during transfer to SA, the file for 21st activity also contains d-1 information and mutlisport activity.
Even QS shows it as a merged activity.
Strange, no ?
your investigation is nice!
…I once saw a similar behavior of my watch. it seems to be a very rare bug and I did not dig deeper into it…