Someone do sailing ??? Suunto Plus ideas...
Hi, I would like to know if someone do sailing with Suunto 9B. For sailing (expecially with little boat and windsurfing) I would like to have a specific Suunto Plus feature with some utility like:
- Knots speed with big character (in the center) to see easy during the activity;
- AVG speed in last 5 minutes (small charatters) helpful to understand easy increse/decrese sailing speed in the last period;
- ° direction detected from GPS (not from compass);
- possibility to set the wind direction (°) to determinate sailing pace (close houled, beam reaching, etc) for example with a big fix arrow in outer ring respect from ° boat direction;
- temperature or baro trend are helpful.
I think that with a specific sailing Suunto Plus feature the watch could gain interesting for sailor man and it will be the very best and complete sportwatch.
These are my ideas…what do you think ???
Occasional sailor here, but addicted windsurfer.
I would love to see some of those metrics too, but I doubt it will ever come. Especially if only one Suunto Plus screen will be the max.
In the past I as hoping for some extra “normal” data fields:
To be honest: Air pressure graph is implemented in a Suunto Plus screen!
@surfboomerang I think that your wish list was interesting (VMG in particolar…).
I don’t know why Suunto doesn’t belive in sailors/windsurfers people .
A specific Suunto Plus watchface for sailing/winsurf sport activity would be the best soluction with te most important info.
Other simple/important fetaures in sport activity would be these:
- in sailing/windsurf sport activity, in breadcrumb GPS and in the submenù the “navigation to” POI, it would be better to see the distance in Nautical Miles not in KM .
- it would be better to set the POI coordinates (°,’,") manually (into the watch or into the App) to set waypoint in the sea: this is important in sailing/windsurf activity to set target/wapoint/buoy positions in the sea. In this case we cannot use the maps to set POI/waypoint.
I think that with little effort S9B would be a very best sport watch not only for terrain use.
I want belive and I hope in next develope for a very best sportwatch…
@matteo_000 just a little trick, pick a random POI on the map, edit and add the coordinates you want.
@isazi thanks a lot! It’s a good trick !
Would be best to set the format position also in SA (like in the watch…example Hd°m’s, Hd°m.m’, UTM etc).
In the SA we can edit the POI only in Hd°d’ format.
Thanks again for the trick!
@isazi App POI entry position format requests seem to be buried in differently-focussed threads … and didn’t make it in. Should this be its own discrete, titled-as-such, feature suggestion, do you think?
@fenr1r I agree.