Questions, suggestions, bugs
All in one place to avoid creating tons of threads.
I find the current implementation of backlight rather strange, or I don’t understand the settings.
- Why are there three levels of brightness if there’s a light sensor available? It seems that only the standby is using the sensor?
- If I have my backlight set to low and set the backlight as always active during the workout - will it be as dim as the dimmest standby available? The question is related to seeing an afterglow during night runs with rise to wake enabled. I’d like to have a very dim light constantly active during the run - but without the need to go deep into backlight settings before each run to disable rise to wake.
- It seems that S9PP doesn’t remember last battery mode used, and it defaults to Performance. Is it by design?
- Are there more preferences planned for custom battery mode? Like BT on/off, brightness levels, etc.?
- Are there any plans to make a smaller font as an option? Large fonts are nice and legible, but fonts have grown at a cost of whitespace. I find it hard to quickly take a reading, as the watch face looks like a bunch of compressed numbers - and tiny icons don’t help much.
- Is FusedAlti available when using Endurance? If not, perhaps Performance could be active a little longer to have a nice and steady GPS for barometer calibration?
- I get it that vibrations were made stronger, as they were hard to feel during the workout, and I have no issue with that. The problem is outside the workout, especially in a quiet environment, as the watch emits a loud rattle when vibrating. So, perhaps, vibration profile should be different (stronger) during the workout and outside the workout?
- This is a very nice addition and a welcome one. It’s also great that they can be reordered and turned off / on.
- Widgets with charts: It would be great if certain events were marked as vertical lines. I’m thinking about midnight, go to sleep / wake up, activity. Although, whole hours (or every 3 hours) could be marked to make more sense out of displayed data.
- Are there any plans to make them more like an app that could utilize an API to communicate with external services? For example, I’m thinking about a weather widget using either phone location or current watch location and data provided via SA to display weather forecast.
- Is CTL/ATL/TSB coming as a widget? It could be merged as one of the existing (one screen) ones.
- Are widgets programmed in firmware or are they available via SA like S+ apps?
- I’d welcome “one last custom time” in timer widget. For example: If I’m going to set a timer for 4 minutes, I’d like to have 4 minutes available in the list (apart from default ones). If I then decide to use 7 minutes for custom time, 4 minutes could be erased and 7 minutes be available as custom shortcut. Simply put - whenever custom time is used, make it available as a shortcut from the list, but offer only one custom time (last one used).
- It would be great if we could answer / decline an incoming call. When declining, ideally with sending a message (one of the five defined). Three buttons (and only buttons) could be used for it.
- Now that we can transmit data to external devices, I think it would be awesome to have an S+ app providing near realtime data (via smartphone and Suunto website perhaps) about workout to certain people.
All of this???It looks like you are preparing s9ppp
I told you one thing, I never trust Suunto wrist awake, when I do exercise, the backlight is always on.
The notification is lame, just disable the vibration.
@zhang965 pppp even. It’ll be so awesome that we can skip ppp altogether.
The problem with backlight being always on is how bright it is. I used standby with no rise to wake in S5 which worked well. But I had to switch rise to wake each time before and after a workout, not something that I enjoyed. Also, in S5 when having standby on and rise to wake on, it engaged dim standby light outside the workout and full backlight during the workout. Which was bonkers.