New Moderators for the Suunto Community Forum (2020)
Hi there great community,
Its time to get a few moderators here, people who would like to help out tidying up the space here but also encouraging the community spirit.
But what does a moderator here?
- He checks now and then for people that have requested a moderation, or flagged posts, and does the needed.
- He helps to categorize or move topics to the correct place.
- He helps users by directing them to the correct place for their questions to be answered.
What do you need to be a moderator?
- Visit the forum now and then
- Passion for helping others
- Some knowledge about the Suunto app, Spartans, and the Suunto ecosystem
How do you apply to be a moderator?
- Post here a short intro about you and why you would like to be a moderator
- Please indicate that you want to be a candidate at your post (see first post example)
How will you get selected?
- There will be a finite amount of moderators selected up to 4 for a start
- The most voted top 4 posts here will be selected as moderators, so it’s community-based.
- No Suunto personnel’s votes will be taken to account.
When/How does this start/end?
- It starts now
- Candidates post their intro
- The community votes
- Closes in 2 weeks
- Feel free to ask here
Here is an example of a candidate post:
Hi I am Dimi and I would like to be a candidate for being a moderator
New age is coming, global Suunto Forum, wow
Good luck to any new Modos.
Good luck to anyone who is brave enough to apply.
lost_today last edited by
Would I get a free trip to suunto world Finland for my advance moderator training course ️
Keep on keeping on
Keep on keeping strong
TELE-HO last edited by
without any application I would like to start voting for the following users for several reasons… and without the intention of being ungrateful for all the others great contribution:
good luck fellas
dulko79 last edited by
good luck everyone, it’s gonna be a bumpy road
Long story short … Hi I am Cris and I would like to be candidate for being a moderator
… and I’m lazy , just a copy paste of a copy paste from the past
Suunto passionate for a long time, for the little time I can devote, for the little I can help, however I am there
Bulkan last edited by
Hi, happy to help here. Stryd and Suunto are giving me very good times in the sports so I would like to give back to the this community and help here.
isazi last edited by
I’m Alessio, born in Italy, living in Amsterdam (since a very long time), computer scientist (with even a PhD), spending most days writing scientific software.
My passions are hiking, climbing, mountaineering, running, and although I live in the Netherlands I spend half a year training (quite seriously) for trips in the Summer, and the rest of the year training for fun and for some running races.
Got recently in the Suunto band, so I don’t know much about the old times of Ambits (only that some friends had them) and Movescount, but tried to understand the S9 and Suunto App as much as possible, mostly because of this forum and the community here.
I also use Garmin devices, and I am no fanboy for any company. I buy what I think works for me, and love over everything else freedom to change and have my data available on third party services. Vendor lock-in in not something I appreciate
P.S. I also love to tell people when they wrote in the wrong section, or if something was already discussed before, but I also try to help in the forum, mostly because the community is cool