Future of Suunto app and web based service Sports Tracker/Movescount
dsc1401 last edited by
Is this place just for customers to moan and debate, or there is somebody from Suunto here to provide official answers?
I finally installed the Suunto app on android and I’ll have to use it going forward. It’s a clear improvement from the Movescount app apart from one thing very important to me. It doesn’t connect to DM5 and I won’t be able to see my dives going forward. Is this going to be sorted in the near future, and will it sync the dives backlog from DM5?
From what I could gather on this forum it looks like Sports Tracker is earmarked to replace the Movescount web service. At the moment ST is a complete joke and the only improvement I can see compared to MC is the route creator.
- Is ST going to be upgraded in the future to match all the features that MC currently has, including the connection with DM5?
- How do we change the sport modes and the screens in the meantime if MC is phased out in a rush and there is no alternative ready? Are we going to be lab mice again waiting for a couple of years for the software to catch up with the hardware like it happened when Spartan was launched in a rush before being tested thoroughly?
Looking forward to Suunto’s official reply if there is somebody around here to provide one.
Not an official reply but well connected with Suunto.
- I think the dive logs will be able to sync to the new service , aka Suunto app.
- ST is not the web of Suunto. Its not marketed anywhere except some DCRainmaker’s confusion.
- MC web is staying and it’s evolved to devices that need it to configure settings etc. However, it’s not very clear if it will be still at full scale , ie analysis (yearly stats/ personal bests)
Andrew Downing last edited by
As an owner of Ambit 2 which I think has an excellent GPS system how will I be able to use this watch if Suunto goes with a wireless only app? I can only connect my watch by cable to a pc. Please advise on what will happen. Thanks.
TELE-HO last edited by TELE-HO