Ambit3 - will it be possible to change Sports-Modes/Athlete Settings, with SA, ever?

• Bronze Member

The title covers most of it, I think, but I’ll detail a bit more.

Right now, as I read it, it will NOT be possible to update ANY sports, say removing road-cycling, and adding MTB-cycling, or trekking, is this correct?

Also, as I read it, it will NOT be possible to edit any personal characteristics, such as age, weight, HR zones, etc?

Obviously, this would pretty much eliminate any resale of the A3, unless you could find an “exact match” for your watch (athlete AND physical characteristics), so it’s big deal, in terms of resale as well (not to mention it’s still for sale, with customizations as a “sale feature”).

A straight answer would be appreciated here, so we can make decisions, going forward, thanks.

• @pgrey for the fist part I am also looking for an answer just as for creating routes etc which is supposed to be one of the main selling points of the ambit 3 ( I happen to have it for about 4 years )

For the second part , you can even now change those settings from either Suunto app or even the watch itself

@pgrey & @thanasis
    Unfortunately we don’t have those answers here, we only have the same infos as you got in the last update from Suunto from April, 30th 2019. They say it’s gonna be another updates in May, so hopefully all or at least some of your and our questions will be answered then.

• Bronze Member

@thanasis said in Ambit3 - will it be possible to change Sports-Modes/Athlete Settings, with SA, ever?:

@pgrey for the fist part I am also looking for an answer just as for creating routes etc which is supposed to be one of the main selling points of the ambit 3 ( I happen to have it for about 4 years )

For the second part , you can even now change those settings from either Suunto app or even the watch itself

@thanasis I don’t think there’s any way to do this, with SA, or at least it’s VERY well hidden?
    Can you show me a screenshot, if you’ve figured out how to do this?

On the “routes” feature, I think there’s almost zero chance that gets moved over, for the Ambit3, reading the “digital transition information” so far.

It does seem like being able to change user data, and sport-modes, has to be supported though, otherwise your watch is “fixed”, to whatever point in time MC goes-away, right @jthomi ?

@pgrey I agree with you that there must come support for Ambit3 when MC goes away. And for older watches as well. But if and when…I don’t know.