Help please - Endurance mode exports and how to export if it was deleted from Strava.
I need a little help…
My SA is connected with Strava and that connection works fine. Today I tried out endurance mode ona short run to see what that is like, since I am new to the platform. Activity synced with Strava just fine, BUT Strava show my pace as 1:53/mile (I can’t even bike that fast). I then deleted the activity in Strava, b/c that data is not useful (I did’t not run 4ish miles in 8 or so minutes), and I didn’t want it to mess with segments and other data in Strava. A couple of things:
(1) I assume the pace per mile issue is since endurance mode only has GPS on for short bursts, so it averaged a GPS “on” time of 1:53 per mile?
(2) So since I deleted the activity in Strava I am kind of screwed now b/c I can no longer get the raw file off the watch or from the app to reupload in TrainingPeak, or try to fix the data and reupload. I tried then connecting to MC but for some reason in order to do that I have to restore watch settings, which will then delete all my data (ie. the run I am trying to get off).
What do I do here? Is that file just lost forever? I usually am to export the .fit file from Strava (to then import other places), but after seeing the ridiculous data Strava showed I panicked and deleted before I exported the file.
Thanks for the help.
@Jessica-Monk are you on IOS or android?
Android with an S9, sorry I left that out.
@Jessica-Monk its a hard path but should work.
0. Do NOT DELETE THE ACTIVITY FROM THE WATCH
- Delete the activity from the app.
- Delete the app
- Unpair the watch from bluetooth settings
- Reboot the phone
- Go to bluetoothsettings and make sure that s9 is unpaired. (Sometimes even if you press forget stupid Android system wont forget it). If it’s not unpaired try once more and reboot once more.
- Validate it’s not in BT settings of the phone.
- Remove the mobile app pairing from the watch. Settings -> connectivity -> paired devices -> Mobile app -> forget pairing.
- Install the app, repair and let it sync. The move should come back to the app and sent again to strava.
- Go to Strava and press perhaps correct distance. I have heard cases that this helped a lot.
Hope this helps, please come back with feedback a bout this
That successfully exported route to Strava again! You’re the man! Thanks for that!
As for the endurance mode part of it tho, corrected distance didn’t help. Strava is using my “moving time” it appears (as it always does) which actually decreased when Idistance corrector, so now it show my average pace at 1:18min/mile!!
I attached what Strava shows versus what the app shows.
This is just the way Strava is interpreting this right? Since GPS is only “on” for part of the time it only has that time to go by, yes? Interesting tho that the Strava splits are generally right (minus the last “mile” at .8 miles).
@Jessica-Monk yeah that is the issue exactly. Actually if I open the file (you can get the file via /export_original ask me how if you dont know already) and put that file to any service data are correct.
What happens, I think , not sure, is that the GPS coordinates are generated from FusedTrack at 60s. At that point the GPS coordinates are included at the file but we are fighting hard with strava to make it obey.
Perhaps get the fit file with /export_original as a backup and try some spliting of the activity or some other trick perhaps. I am no expert here, unfortunately.
Other services are fine with this and my app http://quantified-self.io
@Dimitrios-Kanellopoulos Ha ya interesting, i was just going to write something similar. So I exported .tcx file from Strava, imported it to Garmin Connect, then from Garmin Connected, exported it to .TCX to Strava and it looks mostly fine in Strava now. Weird!
Thanks again for the help! Just out of curiosity, is this the right place for questions like that? Or should I be taking those elsewhere?
@Jessica-Monk, in theory, you should be contacting support for watch issues.
However, here is a good place to debate about watches and perhaps to get help.
The issue with the lost file from Strava definitely here is the best place to ask.
We have a nice community here that sometimes due to their nerdy nature, we can help better than support and I am personally responsible for reporting some crucial issues.