[iOS] Getting started & frequently asked questions
Matt_from_Suunto last edited by Jouko from Suunto
Some frequently asked questions and things to know to help you get started
My friend received an invitation, can I get one? How?
You are most welcome!
Before you can join the beta, you need to download an application called Test Flight on your iOS device.
Then click the following link using the device you want to beta version of the Suunto App installed on
You can register for the Suunto app beta at https://testflight.apple.com/join/DJyDC5SU
What is the Suunto app beta?
Beta is a testing phase of development. This means there will be bugs occasionally as we try out new things and validate what works and what doesn’t. (We’ll do our best to minimize these).
Suunto app has a different feature set than Suunto Movescount. Even in beta, the new Suunto app has features not found in Suunto Movescount, but also does not bring all the functionality of current service.
How can I use Suunto Movescount while participating in the Suunto app beta?
Use Suuntolink to transfer your moves and activity data to your Suunto Movescount account as the Suunto app in beta will not transfer your data to your existing Suunto Movescount account.
To have the best user experience with the Suunto app in beta, proceed with following steps:
- Unpair your Spartan from the Suunto Movescount app (Choose to ‘forget’ your Spartan)
- Remove your Spartan from ‘My devices’ in iPhone bluetth settings
- Uninstall the Suunto Movescount app from your iPhone.
Which Suunto watches are compatible with the Suunto app?
To begin, we are focused on bringing the new Suunto app to our latest product family, Spartan and ensuring it delivers the best possible user experience.
What Spartan SW version is needed?
We are testing the Suunto app against the latest Spartan watch software, so please ensure you are on the latest version (1.11.x or later). If you have more than one Spartan watch, please use only one of them for the app beta. Use Suuntolink to update your Spartan watch software (suunto.com/explorewithsuuntospartan)
What do I need to do as a beta participant?
Ideally, you would use the Suunto app as you would normally, being the partner to your Suunto Spartan watch. We welcome your feedback on your experience at any time, and hopefully, when we ask about specific features or your overall satisfaction, you will share your opinion with us.
Data synced with the Suunto app during beta can miss some aspects/data fields of your moves.
How can see what is coming in the future for the app?
We will share our development roadmap at forum.suunto.com. It will be updated as we go with more details, and potentially changes based on feedback from the beta community.
Can I transfer data from Movescount to Suunto app
The possibility to transfer data from Movescount to SuuntoApp is not currently available in beta. You can use Suunto Movescount in parallel with Suunto app via Suuntlink and Suunto Movescount.com
Which features are coming to Suunto app?
We will continue to update our development roadmap throughout the beta, check forum.suunto.com for the latest
I’m missing the feature or would like to have one, what can I do?
We will as you feedback regularly within the app and via email survey, as well as sharing your feedback at forum.suunto.com
Why are my Moves automatically synced with my Sports Tracker account?
Suunto App is connected to Sports Tracker and the Sports Tracker database. If you used the same login credentials for Suunto app as for Sports Tracker, the same account is connected to both applications. If you upload your Moves to Suunto app, the Moves will appear automatically as well in your Sports Tracker account (account is the same). To avoid automatic synchronization create a new account for Suunto app (recommended).
Why do I have duplicate Moves in my Suunto app and Sports Tracker account?
Suunto App is connected to Sports Tracker and the Sports Tracker database. If you used the same login credentials for Suunto app and Sports Tracker, the same account is connected to both applications. Using the same account for Suunto app and Sports Tracker will cause:
- Moves synced with Suunto app are automatically synced with Sports Tracker.
- Moves synced with SuuntoLink (cable) to Movescount will be automatically transferred to Sports Tracker, if your accounts are connected.
As a result, Moves can appear as duplicates in Sports Tracker and Suunto App.
To avoid duplicate Moves:
- Create a new account for Suunto app.
- Remove the connection between Movescount and Sports Tracker in your Movescount.
To remove duplicates:
- Suunto app: Open the Move, tap on Edit in the upper right corner, tap Delete workout.
- Sports Tracker: Open the workout, tap on Edit in the upper right corner, tap Delete workout.
Can’t pair your Spartan with Suunto app?
- Ensure airplane mode is turned off and discoverability is enabled on your watch.
- Check if Bluetooth is activated on your mobile phone.
- Make sure you have un-paired your watch from Movescount app and un-installed
- Movescount from your phone.
- Make sure your watch is not paired with a mobile app. Open Settings -> Connectivity -> Paired devices. If Mobile App is listed, forget the app.
- If you still don’t see your watch on the list, reboot your phone and your watch. To reboot your watch, press the upper right button for 12 seconds. Then try again.If this solution helped, please send us a diagnostic log.
- Your Spartan won’t sync with Suunto app?
- Make sure, airplane mode is turned off and discoverability is enabled on your watch.
- Check if Bluetooth is activated on your mobile phone.
- If you’re still having problems, reset the connection between your watch and the app.
- Unpair your watch from the app: open Settings -> Connectivity -> Paired devices, select Mobile App and Forget. Forget the watch in Suunto app: tap the watch icon, tab the cog icon, select Manage connection and tap forget. Then forget the watch in the Bluetooth settings of your phone. Pair your watch again.
- If you still can’t connect your watch, reboot your phone and your watch. To reboot your watch, press the upper right button for 12 seconds. Then try again. If this solution helped, please send us a diagnostic log.
How to send diagnostic logs?
By sending diagnostic logs, you can help us improve Suunto app. Your logs include valuable details about your device and your app usage that allows us to investigate issues that might occur.
To send logs:
- Open Profile in the Suunto app.
- Tap Send logs to Suunto and then Confirm. Sending logs may take several minutes. Please do not close the app until you are notified that the logs have been successfully sent.
How can I see my Movescount Moves in Suunto app
In order to see your Movescount Moves in the Suunto app follow these steps: 1. Go to Movescount -> Settings -> Other sport services 2. Select Connect with Sports Tracker and give your Suunto app credentials
My Moves don’t appear in Movescount after syncing with SuuntoLink (cable)?
Suunto App and Movescount are separate services (and apps) and are not connected. Moves cannot be synced to the Suunto app with Movescount or from Suunto app to Suunto Movescount. If you have synced your Moves with SuuntoLink (cable) to Movescount and the Moves do not appear in Movescount, the problem is not caused by Suunto app. In some cases, the synchronization may take more time than usual due to server load or maintenance. The Move should appear in your Movescount shortly thereafter.
How do I unsubscribe from Suunto app beta?
If you decide you don’t want to use Suunto app in beta any longer, follow these steps to unsubscribe:
- Unpair your Spartan from Suunto app. Go to Settings -> Connectivity -> Paired devices and Forget the Mobile App.
- Forget your Spartan from the list of devices in the Bluetooth settings of your phone.
- Uninstall the Suunto app.
- In the TestFlight app, press the ‘Stop testing’ link under Suunto app.
- Uninstall the TestFlight app.