Import and usage of gpx-routes/-tracks (created with komoot, brouter, other apps or downloaded from www) in Suunto App

• I use a Suunto 9 with an Android Smartphone and the Suunto App. I do NOT use movescount.

I create my routes on my smartphone with the brouter app (no internet connection needed) or komoot. I can do this on the way to my destination with my smartphone. No PC needed. The resulting gpx-file I download to the smartphone in case I use the komoot app or it is on the smartphone by default using brouter app.

With a simple file manager I click the gpx-file and choose “open file with” and take Suunto out of the shown list.

Suunto App will open the route section with the imported track/route stored in the choosen file and will show the route in the map without changes.

I choose the mode, give a name or description and choose “store in the watch”.

Then the route is available in the Suunto 9 and useable to navigate in a training or just in navigation mode.

Have fun!

Greetings from Regensburg, Germany, Bavaria,

Tom

• Community Manager

@pilleus that is how it happens now if not mistaken .

• @Dimitrios-Kanellopoulos said in Import and usage of gpx-routes/-tracks (created with komoot, brouter, other apps or downloaded from www) in Suunto App:

@pilleus that is how it happens now if not mistaken .

It is my way to import routes with Suunto App. I did not find any other way in the internet. Only the way via PC and movescount. This is no option for me, because on a long tour I just can use my smartphone.

I hope I did not write something trivial and long known in this topic. Even on the official Suunto webpage there is only the solution with movescount. I did not find an official solution with the Suunto App.

Therefore my post. May be it is interesting for other users too.

Regards,

Tom

• For me route import also works with the latest BETA version (2.56.2). I downloaded a GPX Track from GPSies.com, selected it in the Files Folder of my Android Phone and opened the file with SA.

The only problem that occured was that the process got stuck when trying to finally save the route. I realized that my S9 was not nearby and after having connection with the watch saving the route in the app worked without issues. Afterwards I realized that the route was nevertheless stored before even though the saving process got stuck - I had two versions of the same route in the app but could delete one of them.